Friday, June 24, 2016

Too Hard

June 22, 2016

Well the last two days have been difficult to say the least. So many decisions that had to be made in such a short period of time and all along praying we have made the right choices for mom.  As of tomorrow mom will be in her new care facility. There are only 5 other patients there and with mom that makes 6.  It is the best place we visited and my sister and I really like Maria, the lady who runs the home.  Maria is very kind, patient, family oriented and just a sweetheart.  We got such a positive feeling when we were their visiting. Everything and everyone was so calm, relaxed and inviting. I never thought in my wildest dreams I would have to be making these decsions for my mom but here I am doing it.

After the trip to the doctor this past Monday and with the discovery of her dementia progressing at a rapid rate we knew we had to move quickly, I am so grateful that God showed us the exact pathway to Mom's new home. Yesterday I spent most of the day packing up moms apartment and trying to come to terms with all the changes that are occurring. It's difficult to pack up someone's life and try to figure out what to keep, what's important and what to give away or trash.  Everything you touch is a memory or a symbol of what and who that person was.  They are all things that represent who my mom was and what she enjoyed doing.  It's not something you can put a price tag on what so ever.

It was a long day but the next few days will be longer as we prepare for the transition to mom's new home.  That's all for now and as always thank you for listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment